Note: There are 2 different accounts. A Flight Crew View account for the app. And your Flica credentials that you enter into the app. If you are just having trouble logging into one of those, you can also try the instructions here: I'm having trouble logging in
Update the app
Make sure you have the most recent version of the app:
It keeps asking for a Flica password
- Tap on the app's menu > Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on your Flica username.
- Enter your Flica credentials.
Try switching data sources
Try refreshing on both wifi and cellular data.
Canadian users, there is a known issue with 5G that is intermittent and seems to be limited to Canadian cellular carriers on both iOS and Android. A recent Android update (Android 12, API 31) seems to have fixed it, so I'm hoping an update is on the horizon on the Apple side, too.
Flica login or refresh issues
There are many other reasons why the app may not be refreshing or allowing you to add your Flica credentials. Follow these instructions to rule out some of the more common issues:
- Go to the Settings app (gear icon) and go to Cellular.
- Make Sure Cellular Data is enabled and then scroll down and make sure FC View is individually enabled.
- Go back one page to the Settings home page and go to General > Language & Region > Calendar, and make sure the "Gregorian" calendar is checked.
- Go back to the Settings home page and go to General > Date & Time and make sure that "Set Automatically" is enabled.
- Restart the device.
- Go back to the Flight Crew View app and try to refresh/add your Flica account.
- If you still have trouble, jump down to the "Both Apple & Android" section below.
- Go to the Settings app (gear icon)
- Go to Apps (or Applications) > Flight Crew View > Storage.
- Tap on Clear Data and accept the warning.
- Tap on the back button to go back to App Info.
- Tap on Permissions and make sure Storage is enabled.
- Go back to the Settings home page and go to General management > Date & Time and make sure that "Automatic date and time" is enabled.
- Go back to the Flight Crew View app and log in with your normal Flica login (you'll have to accept all the warnings again and set up the Settings).
- If you still have trouble, continue to the "Both Apple & Android" section below.
Both Apple & Android
Note: These instructions will remove the schedule from your app. If these instructions don't fix it, then you may need to use the www.flica.net website to view your schedule until we can figure out what's going on.
Follow all of these instructions on your device:
- Go to the app's menu and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the Flica Username section and tap Remove Flica Login.
- Confirm the popup by tapping on Remove.
- Go to your device's browser and navigate to www.flica.net
- Delete any autofill and manually enter your username and password and log in.
- Navigate to Schedules > [Current Month].
- If you can see your schedule, then log out of the Flica website.
- Go back to the Flight Crew View app.
- Tap on the Menu > Settings.
- Scroll down to the Flica Username section and tap on your Flica username (where it says "Tap here to update your flica username/password").
- Log in with your Flica login.