- Make sure your app is up to date:
- If you are logged in, go to the app's menu > Settings and tap on the red "Logout" option.
- Log in with the email that you wish to use.
- Continue as a Crew Member, set it up, and enter your Flica credentials.
- If you have multiple accounts, follow the prompts to transfer your account to this one.
The most common cause is using a "Log in with Google" or "Log in with Apple" button on different devices where the emails or iOS Apple IDs are different (or Apple used a "Hide my email" option, see below).
This was allowed in the transition to the new Flight Crew View accounts in order to allow things to go more smoothly. However, going forward, we need to make sure everybody is using only one account.
Why is this a problem?
- New features are coming that require everybody to be using only one account.
- Subscriptions are restricted to just one account and I don't want you to be paying for multiple accounts.
- Your family/friends are managed by account, so you are showing up more than once and managing multiple friends lists.
What do I need to do?
Make sure each of your devices are logged into the same account.
To check which account you are logged into:
- Go to the app's menu > Settings.
- Check the email address listed near the top, under Flight Crew View Account.
If they are the same on all of your devices, then you don't need to do anything.
If they are different, then you need to decide which account you want to use. Keep in mind that your Friends/Family are tied to your accounts, so choose the account with all of your friends/family (they won't be consolidated across accounts).
To switch accounts:
- Go to the app's menu > Settings.
- Tap on Log Out.
- Log in with the account email that you wish to continue using.
- To reset your password from the login screen, just enter your email and tap on "Reset Password"
Why does my email look like this: *****@privaterelay.appleid.com
You may see an anonymous email address (it might look something like firstname.lastname@example.org, tap here to learn more about Apple's Hide My Email feature). This is a privacy feature offered by Apple and may have happened automatically if you used the "Continue with Apple" button to create your account.
If you currently have an anonymous email, that's ok, you can continue using it.
It can, however, lead to confusion if you have another Android device or another iOS device that is using a different Apple ID (like a work EFB). If that is the case, then you have a couple options:
Option 1: Continue using the anonymous email address
- You need to create a password for this email. Go to the app's menu > Settings and tap on Add/Update Password.
- On your other device, go to the app's menu > Settings and Log Out. Then use this anonymous email/password to log into your other device.
Option 2: Use your own email address
- Go to the app's menu > Settings and Log Out. Then use your own email address to log in.
Why can't I just change the email address on my account?
Your email address is the username for your Flight Crew View account, so you'll need to log all the way out and log in with the other email account.
How will the duplicates be disabled?
Soon, you will get another notification to the accounts that will get disabled. Shortly after that, the accounts with no activity will be disabled and you will no longer be able to log into those accounts.
If you have any questions about this or anything else, please use the Contact Developer option in the app's menu or send us an email to email@example.com