The most common cause is using a "Log in with Google" or "Log in with Apple" button on different devices where the emails or iOS Apple IDs are different (or Apple used a "Hide my email" option, see below).
This was allowed in the transition to the new Flight Crew View accounts in order to allow things to go more smoothly. However, going forward, we need to make sure everybody is using only one account.
Why is this a problem?
- New features are coming that require everybody to be using only one account.
- Subscriptions will soon be restricted to just one account and I don't want you to be paying for multiple accounts.
- Your family/friends are managed by account, so you are showing up more than once and managing multiple friends lists.
What do I need to do?
Make sure each of your devices are logged into the same account.
To check which account you are logged into:
- Open the Flight Crew View app on each device.
- Go to the app's menu > Settings.
- Check the email address listed near the top, under Flight Crew View Account.
If they are all the same, then you don't need to do anything.
If they are different, then you need to decide which account you want to use. Keep in mind that your Friends/Family are tied to your accounts, so choose the account with all of your friends/family (they won't be consolidated across accounts).
To switch accounts:
- Open the Flight Crew View app.
- Go to the app's menu > Settings.
- Tap on Log Out under your Flight Crew View Account.
- Log in with the account email that you wish to continue using.
- To reset your password from the login screen, just enter your email and tap on "Reset Password"
My email looks like this: *****@privaterelay.appleid.com
You may see an anonymous email address (it might look something like email@example.com, tap here to learn more about Apple's Hide My Email feature). This is a privacy feature offered by Apple and may have happened automatically if you used the "Continue with Apple" button to create your account.
If you currently have an anonymous email, that's ok, you can continue using it.
It can, however, lead to confusion if you have another Android device or another iOS device that is using a different Apple ID (like a work EFB). If that is the case, then you have a couple options:
Option 1: Continue using the anonymous email address
- You need to create a password for this email. Go to the app's menu > Settings and tap on Add/Update Password.
- On your other device, go to the app's menu > Settings and Log Out. Then use this anonymous email/password to log into your other device.
Option 2: Use my own email address
- Go to the app's menu > Settings and tap on the email address to change it.
- Once you change/verify the email, then go back to the Settings page and tap on Add/Update Password.
- On your other device, go to the app's menu > Settings and Log Out. Then use your email/password to log into your other device.
Why can't I just change the email address on my account?
Your email address is the username for your Flight Crew View account. If you try to change your email address and there is already an account under it, then you'll get an error because two accounts can't use the same email address (you'll just need to log out and log in under that email address).
How will the duplicates be disabled?
Soon, you will get another notification to the accounts that will get disabled. Shortly after that, the accounts with no activity will be disabled and you will no longer be able to log into those accounts.
If you have any questions about this or anything else, please use the Contact Developer option in the app's menu or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org