There are a couple of things that have been identified that could lead to the widget not updating.
1) The system assumes that the widget needs information from the internet in order to update over night. In the case of Flight Crew View, the schedule info is already downloaded to your app, so it doesn't need a connection to the internet in order to update.
Normally, this is fine, but some background data settings can cause the system to not allow the widget to wake the device in order to update. To grant permission to just Flight Crew View to update the widget, follow these instructions.
2) Battery settings could put the app to sleep while not in use and that can affect the widget.
To override the background data restriction:
- Go to the Settings App on your device (gear icon).
- Tap on Apps (or Applications or App Info, depending on your device).
- Scroll down and tap on Flight Crew View.
- Tap on Mobile data.
- Make sure "Allow background data usage" is enabled.
- Make sure "Allow app while Data saver on" is enabled.
- Go to the Settings app on your device (gear icon).
- Tap on Device Care > Battery > App power management.
- Tap on Apps that won't be put to sleep.
- Tap on the plus sign at the top.
- Add Flight Crew View to the list.
If you still have questions, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org