This normally just affects iOS devices. If you are seeing this on Android, let us know and we'll help you try to get it figured out.
There are no ads whatsoever coming from the Flight Crew View app (that's why you paid for it). However, these ads can get installed or pushed via Safari from a bad website or app.
Remove Unused Apps
First, remove any apps that you no longer use.
Block Pop-Ups in Safari
Follow Apple's instructions here: How to block pop-ups in Safari
Clear Safari History & Website Data
NOTE: These steps will remove all of your website history and also any saved passwords, so make sure you have them backed up before continuing.
- Turn on airplane mode
- Open Safari
- Tap the overlapped squares in the lower right
- Close every page by tapping the "x" in the left upper corner of the page
- When there are no pages left press HOME (On an iPhone X series swipe up from the bottom edge) and wait a couple of seconds
- Double-press HOME (On an iPhone X series swipe up from the bottom edge and pause)
- Swipe up on the safari image to kill it (On an iPhone X series touch and hold Safari, then swipe up)
- Press HOME again (On an iPhone X series swipe up from the bottom edge)
- Go to the device's Settings app (gear icon). Scroll down and tap ono Safari
- Tap "Clear History and Website data"
- Turn off Airplane mode
If you still get that pop-up, please let us know. Even though it isn't caused by Flight Crew View, we completely understand how annoying it is and are more than willing to help track it down.